Of course you know as a leader you have to provide feedback to those who work for you. A leader’s job is to provide vision and direction, so the entire operation will progress like a well oiled wheel. With you constantly providing direction to others and spearheading changes and advancements to your convenience store team, where do you get some input on your decisions? Some managers are so controlling that any comments on their decisions are taken with offense. This is not the kind of open environment that creates a dynamic exchange of ideas and progress for your business and your team. But asking for feedback and receiving it in a constructive manner are two different things. So, how do you get and use feedback from your team to better your operation
1. The first step is to realize that all of your decisions, or anyone else’s for that matter, are not infallible and that feedback may be able to add perspective to the ways you are doing some aspects of your business. Once you accept the idea, then the question becomes; how do you get employees to provide valuable feedback?
2. Creating an environment where team members actually feel confidant enough in you to give feedback is the key. The employees have to know that you are a strong, secure leader that is interested in their thoughts and what is best for the business. They have to see that you really want to consider other points of view.
3. Instead of looking for criticism, you are looking for them to be a sounding board to business processes that shape the way your convenience store operates. Let them know that you are interested in really improving the whole operation and you want them to tell you what the business could be doing better to improve.
4. This could be done in a formal meeting, or it could take place informally, but letting them know that you value their input is the first step to getting them to open up and think of improvements. Feedback completes the circle of leadership because it is a method to take the temperature on ideas and processes that affect the vision and progress of the team
5. Getting employees to open up and give feedback is one part; you must also be prepared to examine the information carefully to see if it is constructive and can be used to improve the business. You see the essence of this is to have them provide valuable insight from their perspective on ways to improve, not just critique everything and anything. You are not trying to encourage a complaining or whining group, you are trying to get a fully functioning team that is committed to finding ways the company can grow and improve everyday
Encouraging productive feedback helps develop a reliable problem solving process will help you build a stronger team, and carry out the important growth tasks that help you succeed as a business. How are you and your team going to address issues like reducing shrinkage, and increasing your profit margins? Deciding on C-Store Office can dramatically improve your chances of success this year.
C-Store Office from Petrosoft was created by convenience store owners, just like you, to help you save time and make more money. It is a powerful internet based back office system that delivers big business power for businesses of any size.
* Manage Inventory and reduce shrinkage with detailed tracking by store, category, or item.
* Increase GPM and add thousands of extra dollars to your bottom line every month with optimal stocking levels and automatic ordering tools.
* Full EDI capabilities will allow you to communicate electronically with your suppliers.
* No extra set up costs or licensing fees, monthly subscription available
* Access the secure site from your web browser, no need for IT personnel